Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"So You Think You Can dance" Tuesday and Wednesday

On Tuesday night, we're watching the auditions held in Salt Lake City. Since I'm from Utah, this holds special interest for me. Lacey and Chelsea , both currently dancing on "Dancing With The Stars" are probably the most famous Utahns to date. The judges love coming here, because they found it to be a strong source of great talent. Brandon, who came in 2nd place last season, also from Utah. Just Bragging.

Bryan Boyer - B-Boy This guy is spring loaded, very strong, and does a lot of tricks on his head. His energy was amazing and he was moved onto choreography. Chances of moving past choreography, I thought were good, but he quit when he realized he was out of his league. He vowed to get more training and to come back next year. I hope he does.

Tristi Mirci -This dancer has had dance training, but either didn't pay attention or just was not meant to be a dancer. She was extremely heavy on her feet and her flexibility was poor. She is not strong enough to move any further at all.

Haylee Cloud-This girl can dance, do gymnastics, and break your heart at the same time. Her combination of strength and flexibility are awesome. Haylee's chances of moving past Vegas Poor Good Excellent.

Megan Kinny-Another great dancer. The clip on the show was too short to determine how good.

Genise Rudiaz-Another great dancer. The clip on the show was too short to determine how good.

No comments on the group of quick glimpses at many dancers

Ariana Rowley-She was flexible, had a great sense of rhythm, and knew how to point her toes. Is she a dancer? She is a good stripper but not a good dancer and especially for this show. I
don't believe she should be move forward at all. Nigel did not agree with me. Imagine that! Chances of moving on to Vegas Poor Chances of moving Past Vegas Extremely Poor

Iveta Lukosiute-I believe she is the best ballroom dancer we've seen at any of the auditions this season. She was flexible, stong, beautiful, and, as Mary said, exquisite. Chances of making it past Vegas Poor Good Excellent.

2nd Day in Salt Lake City

Pascal Nayigiyacki- He needs to go into acting. He wants to express emotion to music, which is basically what all dancers are trying to do. However, he is not dancing, he's acting. He should not be able to move forward at all.

It appears that we're in ballroom heaven.

Ashley & Ryan Di Lello- Husband and wife dance team. They're good, but they're not the best I've seen. They have great potential. They'll do good in choreography. Chances of making it past Vegas Poor Good Excellent

Leigh Asay & Josh Murillo- Ballroom dancers He's good, but she's great. There were a couple of stumbles and she lost her toenail completely. She was tough and a good sport, but everyone watching hurt for her. She moved straight to Vegas. He moved on to choreography. His chances of making it to Vegas are not good. Chances of making it past Vegas Poor Good Excellent

152 dancers in all made it to Vegas. Now we get to see them in action. Tomorrow night is VEGAS!

Here is a clip of my daughter doing "Poses". This was back in the mid 1980s, and part of the dance competitions in the state of Utah was performing a five-point star formation with a dance pose at each point.My how dance has changed since then!

Dance Poses Comp. Michelle from Vickie Niesporek on Vimeo.

Since I'm from Salt Lake City, last night's episode was an especially exciting episode for me. I thought Iveta Lukosuite was a very exciting Ballroom dancer. She reminded me of Jeanette from last season. I also liked Leigh Asay and Haylee Cloud. I expect these 3 names may make it into the top 20. The names I expect we might see from other audition episodes are Jamal Jackson, Thomas Hamilton, Johnathan Lytzer, Calvin Turner, Kimalee Piedad, Jakob Karical, Shelby Skipper, Gene (the B-Boy from Boston), and the male crumper from Boston, whose name I didn't catch. I'm not sure if the're making the actual announcements of the top 20 on tonight's Las Vegas episode, but we'll see how many of these names pop up. I want to see what my batting average is, so to speak. There were others who had potential, but the clips we saw of them were so short, I didn't include their names.

No comments:

Post a Comment