Monday, November 16, 2009

"Dancing With the Stars" Final Four!

Tonight we'll watch the top 4 contestants vie for the next weeks finals. The only man left standing is Donny. The three women left are Mya, Joanna, and Kelly. I think this will be Kelly's last week unless someone has an unexpected bad performance. I admit I said that last week and Aaron bit the dust and Kelly is still with us. I don't have anything against Kelly. In fact I think she has been a lot of fun to watch this season, but I think her time has passed. For the first time, each contestant will have to perform three full routines.

First Round

Donny and Kym: Tango-This was not a good routine for Donny at all. His partner got entangled in her dress, and then he got entangled in it. They were both making it up as they went. They got through it some how, but there was clearly something wrong. I couldn't tell that they were entangled; I could only tell that something was very wrong.
My score 7 Mom's score 7 Average Score 7
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 7,7,7 Average Score 7

Mya and Dmitry: Waltz-This was absolutely beautiful. Her quality of movement was on the level of a professional dancer. You would think she has danced ballroom all of her life. I loved this dance! Mya has beautiful lines. She doesn't have the natural long neck that Joanna has, but you couldn't tell in this dance. She was amazing.
My score 10 Mom's Score 10 Average Score 10
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 9,9,10 Average Score 9.3

Joanna and Derek: Viennese Waltz-Joanna does better on the Latin routines, but this was the best I've seen her do in actual ballroom. She was still a little stiff, her extension could improve, and there were some transition issues, but overall Joanna did very well.
My score 8 Mom's Score 9 Average Score 8.5
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 9,9,9 Average Score 9

Kelly and Louie: Rumba-Kelly's hair is gorgeous. Her flexibility has improved, and her confidence has improved. The solo they did mid dance was a little strange, but other than that she did a good job. Her technique has also improved in a remarkable way throughout the season.
My score 8 Mom's score 8 Average Score 8
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 8,8,8 Average Score 8

2nd Round
Donny and Kym: Samba-Donny is BACK!!!. Donny didn't have any equipment or wardrobe malfunctions this time. It was an enjoyable routine danced to one of the Osmond's famous songs "One Bad Apple". He was able to do a lot of his signature moves which was fun to see. Great routine-Fun to watch.
My score 9 Mom's score 9 Average Score 9
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 8,9,9 Average Score 8.6

Mya and Dmitry: Salsa-Again. Mya looks like she has been dancing the Salsa her entire life. She has got to be one of the best on this show in my opinion. She really kept getting some pretty rough scores from Len in past episodes, but even he is a Mya fan now. Her solo was clearly the strongest of all the solo sections we've seen tonight. Mya doesn't just dance the steps she's been taught. She performs them with joy. I love watching her.
My score 10 Mom's Score 9 Average Score 9.5
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 10,10,10 Average Score 10

Joanna and Derek: Chachacha-Joanna starts out with a very sexy solo. She has a cranberry red outfit that looks very good on her. As with any Latin routine, she does very well with this style. She is extremely flexible, especially in her back, but also her legs. Her sense of rhythm was also better than with the waltz.
My score 9 Mom's Score 8 Average Score 8.5
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 9,9,9 Average Score 9

Kelly and Louie: Quickstep-Kelly is doing a surprisingly good job on this dance. I actually didn't expect her to. It's fast, and you're suppose to glide across the floor, which isn't her strength, but she's actually pulling it off. Was it perfect? No. There were several missteps, and the end pose was not good at all. That being said, it was mostly very good.
My score 8 Mom's score 9 Average Score 8.5
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 9,9,9 Average Score 9

3rd Round-Knockout Dances
Donny and Kym:
Jitterbug-
This is Donny's kind of dance, because he knows how to ham it up and have fun. He has no problem being funny either. These are short dances, but what he did do was entertaining.
My score 9 Mom's score 9 Average Score 9
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 9,9,9 Average Score 9

Mya and Dmitry: Chachacha-Mya did a great job. She is just so strong at this point. In my opinion she should take the whole show.
My score 9 Mom's Score 10 Average Score 9.5
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 9,10,10 Average Score 9.6

Joanna and Derek: Salsa-This was well done also. This is after all her style. This wasn't her best though, but it was good enough. She should make it into the Finals.
My score 9 Mom's Score 9 Average Score 9
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 9,9,9 Average Score 9

Kelly and Louie: Chachacha-This was Kelly at her best. She looked great with hot pink and black. She was sharp and precise. I was impressed!
My score 9 Mom's score 9 Average Score 9
Comparison with Show's Judges Score of 9,9,9 Average Score 9


Donny & Kym
1st Round-7 & 7
2nd Round-9 & 8.6
3rd Round -9 & 9
Total= 49.6


Mya & Dmitry
1st Round-10 & 9.3
2nd Round-9.5 & 10
3rd Round-9.5 & 9.6
Total=57.9


Joanna & Derek
1st Round-8.5 & 9
2nd Round-8.5 & 9
3rd Round-9 & 9
Total=53


Kelly & Louie
1st Round-8 & 8
2nd Round-8.5 & 9
3rd Round-9 & 9
Total=50.5


The Next Judge's "Top 5 Ranking" of the contestants from tonight's show:

1st Place Ranking:
Mya
2nd Place Ranking: Joanna
3rd Place Ranking:
Kelly & Donny

I'll edit this post tomorrow night after the results show, but I believe Kelly will probably be the one to go home. Donny had the worst showing tonight, but he's the only guy left, so Kelly might get fewer votes, if they end up getting divided up between the girls. I think Donny has a bigger following as well.

Donny was safe, but the surprise of the night was that Joanna went home!

1 comment:

  1. I actually got to watch the show last night! I had a horrible headache and so I left Jon down stairs with most of the kids and just cuddled in my bed and watched. There was some really beautiful dancing. I felt bad for poor Donnie on that first routine. You could tell he was so frustrated. I doubt I'll get to see the finals so I'll have to check your blog to find out what happens!

    ReplyDelete