Monday, September 14, 2009

Act #1 Voices of Glory-Great job I totally agree with the judges. They finally brought it all together and focused on the voices in the appropriate manner. Good song choice. My score 4 out of 5 Mom's score 5 out of 5. Total Score 9

Act #2 Hairo Torres-Fantastic-The judges did not like him as much as I did. If a solo dancer could win the whole thing, Hairo would be my guy. Unfortunately, I'm afraid a solo dancer probably can't take the whole thing. Great song choice, superior effort level. The energy didn't fall at the end which sometimes happens with dancers when they start to tire. Dramatic twist was a great show of variety on his part. I felt Pierce's remark was not correct. We already know he can do the group thing. This young man should try out for SYTYCD. My score 5 out of 5. Mom's score 5 out of 5. Total Score 10

Act #3 Lawrence Beaman-Lawrence's song choice would be great as one of many numbers in a complete act, however for a finale talent show, it was a poor choice and will probably prohibit him from winning the big title. I loved his audition number "Old Man River". That was my favorite Great voice, velvety smooth, great stage presence, just the wrong song for the situation. My score 3.5 out of 5 Mom's score 5 out of 5. Total Score 8.5

Act #4 Barbara Padilla-Beautiful voice again, impeccably dressed again, amazing stage presence again. She is humble but confident of her talent. She is going to be close to impossible to beat Even though we've given Hairo Torrez a score of 10 also, I don't believe his talent will be valued the same, as a whole, as Barbara's.My score 5 out of 5. Mom's score 5 out of 5. Total Score 10

Act #5 Fab 5-These are the best at what they do. I love them and all their themes, choreography, and costuming. However, they don't have enough range to sustain a complete vegas show. They do not have enough variety to win this show, I'm afraid, but fantastic job. I agree with Pearce, they're infectious in their energy, charisma, and clean crisp execution. My score 4.5 out of 5 Mom's score 5 out of 5. Total score 9.5

Act #6 The Texas Tenors-Any one of these guys could be a soloist of note, but the power for this group is when they all three sing together. I think my goose bumps are even bigger than when Barbara sang. They may just take it all. Wow!!! Yes, Pearce it was cheeeeeesy, and I loved every minute of it. They have the looks, (not just the blond), the voices, the appeal, the execution, and the Vegas factor. My score 5 out of 5 Mom's score 5 out of 5 Total Score 10

Act #7 Drew Stevens- My dark horse. I didn't like his song choice last week, but I liked his arrangement and his execution. I was worried though and relieved when he made it through. This week, "I'll Stand By you", a song I fell in love with when Carrie Underwood sang it, was not my favorite performance. Drew did a good job, but paled in comparison to Carrie. Sorry Drew. This young man has a future, but I do not believe he will win. My score 4 Mom's score 4.5 Total Score 8.5

Act #8 Grandma Lee-I love this woman's spunk. Her entrance this week was great, even better than the semi-finals. Her timing is better this week and her material was better also. The Simon joke was the best!! She did even better than I expected, but her material is questionable for some folks. My score 4 Mom's score 3 Total Score 7.

Act #9 Kevin Skinner-I really like this gentleman as a human being, but I haven't been convinced that his singing should have brought his this far. This was my favorite performance so far. It was kind of rough at the front end, but he had a great finish. Pearce's remarks were on the money. Sharon made a good point about some of the greatest singing icons, not having the best voices. He could do with some voice training and a more dynamic approach to his execution from my perspective. My score 3.5 Mom's score 4 Total score 7.5.

Act #10 Recycled Percussion-This group has a future regardless of whether or not they win. Tonight's performance Great outfits, superb variety, change of pace midway was fantastic, visual effect awesome. The water effects finished up a show that was brilliant. Pearce summed it up perfectly. Will their talent be valued along side Barbara Padilla's or the Texas Tenor's? We'll have to wait and see. I loved them. My score 5 Mom's score 5 Total Score 10.

In summation: Barbara Padilla or The Texas Tenors will probably win the $1,000,000, but I would not be surprised if Recycled Percussion had a following large enough to take the money and run!

No comments:

Post a Comment